Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Living without guilt

Diya is just getting ready for her Chennai trip scheduled for Thursday. But since a bandh had been announced, we were little worried on how to plan. God always sends His angels - Anu called to convey that the bandh has been postponed to Monday. Peace of Mind !!! I am planning to add parental references too in this blog regularly so that fellow parents, parents to be and to be married will reflect back on themselves. Parental View: Diya normally signals when she wants to relieve herself. But occasionally she wets her dress and soil our dress too. She looks at me with a sorry look which makes me interpret in thousand ways. When I start tickling her, she becomes happy and accepts whatever has happened. One parental resolution that I have taken is never make my kid feel guilty. We all have been brought up with bags of guilt by parents, relatives and school teachers throughout our life. The guilt feeling has impeded us in several ways. The Not Ok feeling could shun our lives. So, let us - we parents - resolve not to make children guilty to the extent possible.

No comments: