Thursday, November 8, 2007

Diya and Diwali

There was less cheer at home for Diwali as a close relative is not well. Diya, however, was enjoying herself in full spirit. Once I took her to the balcony to show the fireworks. Burst of a cracker scared her – I could see the shock on her face. I tried to motivate her showing the rising and waning fireworks on the sky. Diya was not amused.

I did not buy any crackers as usual. Dad got some basic ones for Diya to observe the tradition. Otherwise, my god, the city was shaking with loud crackers, and smoke everywhere.

Everytime I hear of a kid having some health issue, I know its we who created the bad state for her. Sometimes I even suspect that the milk – branded one- that we get in our apartment is adulterated. (How do I check that?)

Kid are the real victims – Fast life, Fast Food, Pollution, Media!

My society, you don’t need graduate parents, you need educated ones.

No comments: